Monday 9 June 2014

Monday 9 June 2014

Lipstick Shades Every Woman Should Own


In my makeup routine, lipstick is a must have.  It's the type of product that will either make or break your look.  It's also the aspect of makeup I love the most because you don't have to commit to one colour and you can have the most fun with it.  Not including trendy colours, here is my list of lipstick shades that I think are essential in any woman's collection.

Summer Coral



I don't think the camera is actually picking up how vibrant this coral is but it's such a lovely colour for summer time.  It suits lots of different skin tones and comes in various undertones.  I'm wearing Vegas Volt by Mac.  I bought this particular one because but I found out a character (Betty Draper) from Mad Men wears it and I love classic beauty so go ahead, call me a nerd, it's fine.

Barbie Pink



This could potentially be a shade that might go wrong more than right on first try and it is pretty daring if you're going out for a girls night, I highly advise giving a hot pink a try.   Technically, Barbie Pink can be lighter too but it just doesn't flatter me so I went with an electric version.  Above, i'm wearing a YSL Rouge Volupte in Peach Passion topped with a Rimmel Apocolips Lacquer in 303 Apocoliptic.

Suitable Nude



If you know me, you'd know that I never wear nude lipstick colours.  Most of them just make me look dead.  The one i'm wearing above is Fanfare by Mac and it was a birthday present.  It's a pink hued nude and that pop of colour gives a lot of (much needed) brightness to my face.  It's a must have for every woman's collection because it's timeless and cleans up any look.  The most chic of all lipstick colours.

Classic Red



By far, my favourite lipstick shade.  I love red lipstick so much I could write a whole series on it; I own so many red lipsticks it's embarrassing.  A classic blue toned red lip though is ESSENTIAL for every woman to own.  It's universally flattering and there are so many different undertones to pursue if you have a much fairer or much darker complexion.  The one i'm wearing, and one of my favourites, is Ruby Woo by Mac.  Another good (and darker) red is Russian Red by Mac.  Both are matte, both are gorgeous.

Bold Berry



The thing I love most about berry colours are that you can wear a stained version or a full on dark matte version and both look chic.  It's definitely a shade to try on before buying but it can very easily glam up even the most casual outfits.  The one i'm wearing is a Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in the colour 107.  It's a dark, brooding, wine coloured shade.  It wears through out the day and through food nicely, it does come off but it just fades into a stain.

Honourable Mentions

Taupe - If you have the skin tone to suit it, definitely try a taupe.  Doesn't look good on me unfortunately.
Rose - It looks wonderful on a lot of skin tones because it gives a lovely healthy glow to the skin.  I don't own one but it's on my list next!
Orange - Very on trend for this Spring/Summer season.  

Hope you liked this list! Cheers :)



      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment